We are at the tail end of what has been Human Coalition’s most challenging year to date.
Since August, our life-affirming women’s care clinics have become the target of coordinated attacks from radical pro-abortion groups. After a weeklong social media campaign accusing us of operating “fake clinics,” hundreds of protestors marched outside our Atlanta Women’s Care Clinic. Ironically, “fake clients”– pro-abortion “plants” who weren’t pregnant or in trouble – came into our clinic to try to thwart our lifesaving work.
If you’ve been in the presence of pro-abortion protests, you know how ugly these events can become. A lesser team might have walked away after deciding their daily service to hurting women and families just isn’t worth the risk. But not our team. Human Coalition’s staff, volunteers, and faithful supporters have not only stayed the course, but they’ve resolved to extend compassionate and life-affirming care to more abortion-determined women than ever.
As of this blog post, they have done just that. Our Atlanta Women’s Care Clinic has rescued 271 children from abortion since the beginning of the year – a 2,911% increase over last year. Across the board at all of Human Coalition’s women’s care clinics, we are connecting with more abortion-determined women and rescuing more children at an increasingly faster rate than ever before.
And the pro-life movement at large has made huge strides as well. Here are just a few statistics that demonstrate the progress you are making around the country:
- Abortion rates and ratios are at their lowest point since 1973, a 42% drop from an all-time high of 1.6 million abortions in 1990.
- President Trump appointed a well-qualified pro-life justice to the Supreme Court, and Justice Neil Gorsuch is already making landmark decisions that will impact the pro-life movement for generations to come.
- Several state legislatures are enacting laws to require that women seeking an abortion be given the opportunity to view an ultrasound of their preborn child. And the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act to protect preborn children who feel pain at 20 weeks’ gestation.
- The latest Gallup poll found that 54% of Americans believe abortion should be illegal or legal in only a few circumstances, compared to the 42% who believe abortion should be legal under any or most circumstances.
- Nationwide, more young people are getting involved in the effort to end abortion, and more churches are standing up to advocate for the preborn in our communities.
Undoubtedly, we still have a long way to go, but the momentum is on our side. And for that we should give thanks!
Despite protesters’ ugly accusations or biased smears from the media, you have continued to support our mission without wavering. You have boldly taken a stand in your community. And as a result, you are changing the culture from death to life.
You’ve helped women like Susan, who told us, “I am glad I made the decision for life!” And Candy said, “It’s exciting to know I made the perfect decision.”
This Thanksgiving, I give thanks to God for you and your commitment to Human Coalition. Without your prayers, encouragement, and financial support, Susan, Candy, and so many others would not have chosen life.
As we look forward to the coming year, let’s express gratitude to God that a culture of LIFE is moving across our country. Let’s pray that more women will receive care in the midst of their unexpected pregnancy, that more children will be rescued from death in the womb, and that our nation will once again reflect the words of our founding ideals, where life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are available to all – both born and preborn.