Associate General Counsel (Plano, TX)
Location: Plano, TX
Type: Full Time
Associate General Counsel assists in-house General Counsel in all areas of legal support to the organization. This individual will conduct, manage, and report to General Counsel on multiple projects tasked to the legal department and assigned to Associate General Counsel, end ensure such projects are delivered on time.
Associate General Counsel provides general support to Human Coalition’s in-house General Counsel in all areas of need, and will include, without limitation, the following responsibilities:
- Federal/State/County/Municipal registration and compliance processing and review.
- Assist with:
- Corporate governance
- Non-profit compliance
- HIPAA compliance and oversight
- Assist with risk management and the development, implementation, review, updating, and, as necessary, training of staff on the organization’s internal policies and procedures.
- Prepare, review, revise, and negotiate contracts and other legal documents.
- General legal research of laws, rules, regulations, and issues impacting Human Coalition’s management, operation, and administration.
- Prepare reports, correspondence, memoranda, and other documents.
- Review, analyze, and report on legal and business documents, generally.
- Foster high level of collaboration, professionalism, and efficiency in providing legal services to the organization and its various divisions.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by General Counsel.
- Passionately aligned with the mission and vision of Human Coalition.
- General corporate experience (contracts, transactions, corporate governance, etc.).
- General experience in compliance related fields.
- Understanding of and experience with federal, state, county, and city compliance and registration processes and procedures (e.g., corporate registrations, industry specific registrations, charitable solicitation registration, etc.).
- Ability to work within a broad range of legal needs and issues.
- Ability to undertake focused research into federal and state law, rules, and regulations, as well as county and municipal codes and ordinances.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance, policies, and procedures (a plus).
- Excellent judgment.
- High degree of professional ethics.
- Strong interpersonal skills; supportive and respectful of coworkers.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Strong legal, analytical, administrative, and written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize time-sensitive projects, and work independently with minimal oversight.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the State Bar of Texas.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of legal experience in applicable fields of law.
- In-house experience a plus.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to Ms. Corey Ellis at email@example.com