Continuum of Care Coordinator (Pittsburgh, PA)
The Continuum of Care Coordinator is responsible for developing relationships with churches, community resources and social service agencies and making them available to the clients at the Women’s Care Clinic (WCC). This vital staff member will listen to and communicate with women in crisis pregnancies to understand their challenges, and connect them with these resources using the database this position will manage. This person will also solicit and train volunteer mentors within churches to partner with the WCC.
** This position is part time and scheduled for up to 29 hours per week**
- As requested by Care Coordinators or Nurses, meet with clients facing an unplanned pregnancy who are considering abortion
- Assess the challenges that are influencing the client’s decision-making process
- Coach and connect clients to the necessary resources to relieve pressure to abort
- Continue to meet with and coach clients to work through their challenges as needed
- Connect clients to a volunteer mentors within the local church for further education
- Protect clients’ health information for confidentiality, authorized access for treatment, and data security.
- Find, develop and maintain network of resources within local churches, community organizations and social service agencies to utilize for client needs
- Create a system that can evaluate the resources available to the clients
- Document all client communication in client management system
- Solicit and train volunteer mentor to partner with clients and continue educational model after main challenges have been addressed
- Develop, track and measure effectiveness of Continuum of Care process per KPI’s
- Answer phones and set appointments as needed
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Human Coalition
- Experienced listener and communicator in crisis situations
- Compassionate, non-judgmental, encouraging, authentic personality that can work with teens as well as adults (one of the primary jobs of this position involves instilling hope in a hopeless individual)
- Flexible and able to take direction
- Ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations related to patient information
- Volunteer Mentors
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work required
- LCSW or LMSW required
Human Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional, and all other Human Resource decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital, disability, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]