Continuum of Care Coordinator (Plano, TX)
Location: Plano, TX
Type: Full-time and Part-time available
The Continuum of Care Coordinator (Tele-Health) is responsible for developing relationships with community resources and social service agencies and making them available to the clients of the Virtual Women’s Care Clinic. This vital staff member will listen to and communicate with women in crisis pregnancies to understand their challenges, and connect them with these resources using the database this position will manage. Communication with clients will be primarily through phone, text and chat.
- Speak on the phone with clients facing an unplanned pregnancy who are considering abortion
- Assess the challenges that are influencing the client’s decision-making process
- Coach and connect clients to the necessary resources to relieve pressure to abort
- Continue to coach clients to work through their challenges as needed
- Protect clients’ health information for confidentiality, authorized access for treatment, and data security.
- Find, develop and maintain network of resources within local churches, community organizations and social service agencies to utilize for client needs
- Create a system that can evaluate the resources available to the clients
- Document all client communication in client management system
- Develop, track and measure effectiveness of Continuum of Care process per KPI’s
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Human Coalition
- Experienced listener and communicator in crisis situations
- Compassionate, non-judgmental, encouraging, authentic personality that can work with teens as well as adults (one of the primary jobs of this position involves instilling hope in a hopeless individual)
- Flexible and able to take direction
- Ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations related to patient information
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed, Degreed Social Worker
- Previous Social Service experience
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org