Director of Information Technology (Plano, TX)
Location: Plano, TX
Type: Full Time
The Director of Information Technology is primarily responsible for providing leadership and overseeing all technical aspects of the company. This role works with Executive Management to align technology resources in support of the mission of Human Coalition as a whole and each departmental mission. As part of the senior leadership team, the Director of Information Technology will direct all employees in the IT department to attain the company’s strategic goals. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. The Director of Information Technology will be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts as well as an excellent communicator and public speaker.
- Establish the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Responsible for the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth with regard to technology.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on implementing new technologies.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as client services, client marketing, communication, advancement, finance, etc. and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee IT support team ensuring stable and highly efficient system infrastructure
- Implement quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Develop and manage the IT support team to provide exceptional customer service to all departments.
- Acts as a good steward of Human Coalition resources and ensures control of IT budget.
- Passionately aligned with the mission and vision of Human Coalition
- Exceptional project management and organization skills.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning.
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Extensive cross-discipline technical knowledge.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, critical-thinking, inquisitive, resourceful, determined, and consistent.
- Enjoys the challenge of taking on complex and difficult puzzles.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Takes pride in the quality of work produced
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in the IT field
- 5 years of management experience as a director of technology or similar leadership role