IT Support Specialist (Plano, TX)
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the systems team in design, implementation, maintenance, and support of Human Coalition’s network, core technologies, and information security across all locations, software systems, and hardware/devices. This individual helps ensure that these technologies are working and provide team members with appropriate functionality for ongoing operations.
- Provide help desk support and technical assistance to end users, both local and remote, in the use of Office 365/MS Office Suite, MS EMS, Salesforce, and similar software tools
- Configure, install, support, and troubleshoot systems including user software, email, telephone, and office equipment in mixed Microsoft/Mac environment
- Hardware asset management including purchasing, configuration, and maintenance
- Monitor and analyze the environment for technical issues, assess impact, troubleshoot,
document, and resolve or escalate to internal teams or external vendors
- Develop, test, document, implement, monitor, and train others on data security and systems access controls and compliance procedures
- Assist with creation and auditing of activity logs and metrics reports
- Manage multiple projects and assignments under tight deadlines in a fast-pace team environment
- Database administration
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Passionately aligned with the mission and vision of Human Coalition
- Experience with networking technologies including VLANs, routing, wireless, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, firewall, VPN
- Experience with MS EMS, data security best practices, procedures and standards
- Experience with system and data threats or breaches
- Excellent communication, technical writing, and customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible hours or travel minimally as needed
- Experience with HIPAA technical security compliance preferred
- Experience with medical/healthcare environment preferred
- Detail and solution oriented
- Self-motivated, proactive, critical-thinking, inquisitive, resourceful, determined, and consistent.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; College degree preferred
- Degree in Computer Science or IS/MIS preferred
- 2 years of related experience
Human Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional, and all other Human Resource decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital, disability, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]