Nurse Manager (Atlanta, GA)
The Nurse Manager provides services and support to clients and maintains professional standards of care, following the ANA Code of Ethics. This individual assumes responsibility for a wide variety of Women’s Care Clinic functions, planning and performing direct and indirect nursing interventions, and is responsible for supervising, organizing, planning, mentoring and assessing the medical services provided by the Clinic.
- Trains and supervises professional and ancillary personnel
- Oversees nursing services in the Clinic
- Oversees the collection of objective and subjective client data initially and on an ongoing basis that is thorough and accurate in relation to the ultrasound services
- Maintains accurate records, care-plans and follow-through on physician’s orders
- Assures accurate implementation of physician’s orders and plan of care
- Oversees client follow-up per plan of care and standardized procedures
- Evaluates client’s response to components of existing plan of care each visit
- Communicates pertinent information to the Medical Director according to policies and procedures set forth
- Documents the delivery of client care in compliance with professional practice standards
- Intervenes to promote client safety and security in manners consistent with the ethical and legal parameters of the scope of the professional nurse’s practice
- Offers counseling and emotional support to client and family/significant other
- Informs clients of their rights and responsibilities and interacts with clients in a manner which upholds the same
- Protects clients’ health information for confidentiality, authorized access for treatment, and data security.
- Reviews, updates, develops and maintains clinic policies and procedures in conjunction with the Medical Director and Clinic Director
- Maintains a working knowledge of nursing methods, principles and practices in relation to the prevention and treatment of diseases, safety and infection control, clinical systems, supplies and equipment in relation to obstetrical and gynecological care
- Ensures compliance with infection control guidelines
- Orders all medical supplies for the office through Office Manager
- Participates in conjunction with Clinic Director in establishing and conducting meetings for client services staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Conducts medical team meetings and discussions in evaluating the clinic services, policies, procedures and protocols
- Implements policies and procedures with client service team
- Maintains professional license
- Increases knowledge of management, obstetrical and gynecological care and women’s health issues
- Actively participates in the performance evaluation process by conducting a self-evaluation at least annually and identifying goals and objectives in collaboration with the Clinic Director
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Passionately aligned with the mission and vision of Human Coalition
- Skill in human relations, written and oral communication and the ability to work in a collaborative setting
- Dependable, stable and capable of following through with commitments
- Possess a sincere desire to reach out to abortion determined women
- Respect confidentiality
- CPR certified as a healthcare provider
- Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations related to patient information
Education and Experience
- 3 years of clinical experience
- Emphasis on obstetrical and gynecological care preferred
- Hold a current registered nurse or advanced registered nurse license in good standing with the state medical board=
Human Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional, and all other Human Resource decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital, disability, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org