Scrum Master (Plano, TX)
The Scrum Master is a challenging position focused on increasing the effectiveness of teams across the organization. This individual thrives on solving complex problems in teams. The Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring multiple scrums processes and scrum meetings. This individual increases team efficiency, motivates the team, argues for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. This individual will help identify, develop, implement key process improvement, training and professional development initiatives that are in line with Human Coalition’s mission and core values.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to increase collaboration and impact.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments to accomplishing work.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Ensure strategic alignment of the scrum prioritization with organizational goals
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating departmental leaders, especially on grooming and maintaining the backlog
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- Collaborate with other departments in strategic services to develop and implement strategies to accelerate the mission of the organization
- Build and foster effective working relationships with employees and managers
- Create and maintain documentation according to company policies and standards
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Passionately aligned with the mission and vision of Human Coalition
- Comfortable in creating trusting relationships within all levels of the organization and at multiple office locations
- Knowledge of Agile trends and best practices
- Track record of facilitating successful scrums and facilitation in general
- Commitment to servant leadership
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Strong conflict management skills
- Ability to maintain professional and positive attitude
- Proficiency with Jira preferred
- Committed to transparency
- Dedication to continual improvement
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Education and Experience
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile scrum
- At least one year in the Scrum Master role
- Bachelor’s degree
Human Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional, and all other Human Resource decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital, disability, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org