Sonographer (Grapevine, TX)
The Sonographer is responsible for providing limited ultrasound services to women in unplanned pregnancies.
- Conducts only limited obstetrical ultrasounds (including Doppler assessment of FHR) for women under the direction of the Medical Director, in accordance with clinic policies and procedures
- Communicates findings (such as fetal heart rate – FHR, etc.) of ultrasound in accordance with clinic policies and counseling practices and documents these findings accordingly
- Communicates pertinent information and/or emergency information to the Medical Director or designee according to clinic policies and procedures, and then communicates the same information to the Nurse Manager or designee
- Is available to non-medical volunteers for consultation regarding medical concerns verbalized by clients; also will provide further assessment of the situation and possible referral for further routine or emergency medical care
- Able to effectively communicate options to client without judgment or coercion
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Passionate about the sanctity of all human life
- Possess a sincere desire to reach out to women who plan to abort or are undecided about their pregnancy intentions
- Exhibit skill in dependability, human relations, written and oral communication and the ability to work in a collaborative setting
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and professional skills
- CPR certified as a healthcare provider
Education and Experience
- Licensed Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- License in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers
- Current on C.E. credits as required
- At least 2 years of clinical sonography experience with an OB/GYN emphasis preferred
Human Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional, and all other Human Resource decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital, disability, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org