Sonographer (Raleigh, NC)
Location: Raleigh, NC
Type: Part Time
The Sonographer is responsible for providing limited ultrasound services to women in unplanned pregnancies.
The ideal candidate will be available on Weekdays, for a total of 22-29 hours per week.
- Conducts only limited obstetrical ultrasounds (including Doppler assessment of FHR) for women under the direction of the Medical Director, in accordance with clinic policies and procedures
- Communicates findings (such as fetal heart rate – FHR, etc.) of ultrasound in accordance with clinic policies and counseling practices and documents these findings accordingly
- Communicates pertinent information and/or emergency information to the Medical Director or designee according to clinic policies and procedures, and then communicates the same information to the Nurse Manager or designee
- Is available to non-medical volunteers for consultation regarding medical concerns verbalized by clients; also will provide further assessment of the situation and possible referral for further routine or emergency medical care
- Able to effectively communicate options to client without judgment or coercion
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Passionate about the sanctity of all human life
- At least 2 years of clinical sonography experience with an OB/GYN emphasis preferred
- Possess a sincere desire to reach out to women who plan to abort or are undecided about their pregnancy intentions
- Exhibit skill in dependability, human relations, written and oral communication and the ability to work in a collaborative setting
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and professional skills
- Hold a current Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer license and be in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers, keeping current on C.E. credits as required
- CPR certified as a healthcare provider
Please send cover letter and resume to Ms. Corey Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org