Sonographer – Cleveland Ohio
POSITION TITLE: Sonographer
TYPE: Full time
REPORTS TO: Clinic Director
The Sonographer works as a medical imaging professional and provides requested images in order to assist Human Coalition achieve its mission of existing to rescue children and serve families across America. Human Coalition is an innovative, energetic, compassion-driven non-profit organization with the purpose to end abortion.
• Conducts only limited obstetrical ultrasounds (including Doppler assessment of FHR) for women under the direction of the Medical Director, in accordance with WCC policies and procedures
• Communicated findings (such as fetal heart rate – FHR, etc.) of ultrasound in accordance with Health Care Center policies and counseling practices and documents these findings accordingly
• Communicates pertinent information and/or emergency information to the Medical Director or designee according to Health Care Center policies and procedures
• Is available to non-medical volunteers for consultation regarding medical concerns verbalized by clients; will provide further assessment of the situation and possible referral for further routine or emergency medical care
• Able to effectively communicate options to client without judgment or coercion
• Protects clients’ health information for confidentiality, authorized access for treatment, and data security.
• Notifies Practice Manager when supplies related to ultrasound and client medical care need to be re-ordered
• Notifies Practice Manager or designee of ultrasound equipment problems, concerns or maintenance needed
• Participates in quality assurance as it pertains to ultrasound scanning, and makes recommendations to the Practice Manager or designee as necessary
• Oversees hands-on training and orientation for registered nurses who have completed an approved AWOHNN ultrasound course
• Is familiar with infection control, safety and emergency/disaster procedures and HIPAA as detailed in the Policies and Procedures Manual
• Commits to complete 2-week Health Care Center introductory training before starting on-the-job training
• Completes on-the-job training before performing medical services independently
• Participates in monthly staff meetings, in-service training and other Health Care Center functions where staff is needed throughout the year
• Actively participates in the performance evaluation process assisting the Practice Manager
• Able to use and understand the computer and/or iPad to document and review information in and out of the counseling room
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Passionately aligned with the mission and vision of Human Coalition
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Desire to serve others
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of personnel data, proprietary information, and sensitive materials as required
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of contract lifecycles, terms and conditions
• Experience solving problems and making decisions on a daily basis relative to current projects and matters highly preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• (2) years of clinical sonography experience with an obstetrical/gynecological emphasis preferred
• Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or General Ultrasound.
• RDMS registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or registry eligible and become registered within 90 days from date of hire. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
• CPR certified as a healthcare provider.
• None. This role is an individual contributor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Human Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional, and all other Human Resource decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or marital, disability, or veteran status. Because our primary mission is religious, Human Coalition does lawfully require assent and adherence to our core doctrinal beliefs.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]