Special Events Intern (Raleigh, NC)
The 4000 StepsExperienceis a fun event where the whole family will have the opportunity to journey through the common challenges that brave women and men seeking an abortion must overcome to find hope and choose life for their child. The event will include praise and worship, client testimony, an interactive group experience, family activities, food and fellowship.
This event is a team model fundraising event that serves the church with discipleship oriented interaction at the event intended to mobilize people into ministry with clients. The event day logistics include groups of people walking through interactive learning stations, a time of worship and fellowship, and food. This Special Events Intern will own the bulk of the event setup and operations, volunteer management, and, event tear down.
- Assist the event manager to helpcommunicatewith volunteers, vendors, prize team, and sponsorship team.
- Assist with the design and implementation of learning stations for the event, stuffing swag bags and transportation of items to event location.
- Event day responsibilities mayinclude, but are not limited to set up, runningfamily games, assisting expo table coordinator, registration and tear down.
- Post event day duties may include, but are not limited to, organizing storage of event items, updating event inventory spreadsheet, and follow-up calls
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned by the event director as needed
- Ability to work independently
- Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners
- Teachableand coachable with a positive attitude
- Capable of learning event registration software(Ministry Sync)
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong problem-solving ability
- High School Diploma
- Current college student preferred
- Microsoft Office 365
- 10-20 hours per week; seasonal(January – May)
- Flexible other than weekly Team Meeting
- 30+ hours the week of the event(4/27)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Please send cover letter and resume to Ms. Corey Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.