Vice President of Finance
The Vice President of Finance Responsible for financial planning and analysis to include reviewing financial, budget, expense and income models as well as identify potential revenue opportunities in order to assist Human Coalition achieve its mission of existing to rescue children and serve families across America. Human Coalition is an innovative, energetic, compassion-driven non-profit organization with the purpose to end abortion.
35% – Operations – Managing Financial Integrity
- Day to day accounting operations
- Planning, implementing, controlling all financial activities
- Cash flow management
- Financial Statements
- P&L Analysis
30% – Data, Analytics & Modeling
- Delivering accurate financial intelligence to Board
- Trend analysis
- Define (1) – (3) year budgets, projections as well as short- and long-term forecasts
15% – Clients, Donors, Government Contracts
- Interfacing with government officials
- Regulating compliance
15% – Financial Strategy
- Organization to grow from (20) million to a (30) million organization
- Strategic ideation – drive and analyze financial performance across each of HuCo’s entities
- Analyze current financials & accounting processes
- Identify opportunities for optimization
5% – Communication & Collaboration – cross departmentally to promote clear and concise communications
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Passionately aligned with the mission and vision of Human Coalition
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Desire to serve others
- Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, Human Coalition’s board of directors, and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- CPA certification
- Minimum (10) years of related experience
- Accounting Manager, Senior Staff Accountant, Staff Accountant and Accounts Payable Specialist
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Human Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional, and all other Human Resource decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or marital, disability, or veteran status. Because our primary mission is religious, Human Coalition does lawfully require assent and adherence to our core doctrinal beliefs.