Last year, Human Coalition cooperatively rescued 2,503 children from abortion. So when we prayerfully planned for 2018, we asked God to give us 2,800 children to rescue this year. By His grace and provision, our network of pro-life women’s care clinics and our partner pregnancy centers rescued over 3,200 precious children and families from abortion! Once again, God answered our prayers beyond expectations!
And our vision to continue growing a national rescue system for preborn children and their families took several exciting steps forward.
- We brought on or started new pro-life women’s care clinics in Charlotte, Atlanta, Cleveland, and Fort Worth. Combined with some new mobile care clinics, our growing number of women’s care clinics went from 6 to 14 in just one year!
- In June, we began a brand-new way of serving pregnant women – an innovative virtual care clinic. As a direct response to the abortion industry’s new plan of assault to kill children through tele-abortion (by mailing the abortion pill to women and never seeing them in a clinic), Human Coalition started a pro-life virtual clinic that is now serving the entire state of Texas. We serve more than 1,600 women each month by providing life counsel and social work services; and we’re even shipping material supplies and assistance to their homes. As our nation continues to advance technologically, Human Coalition will continue to remain on the forefront of life-affirming technology and care for our most vulnerable moms and babies.
- We crossed a wonderful major milestone: the 10,000th child was rescued earlier this year! Human Coalition helped rescue its very first child on June 22, 2010, and a total of 15 children were rescued during that first year. This year, we cooperatively rescued over 3,200 preborn children! Let’s continue to speed up the pace to reach and serve more families.
- We explored the theme of biblical justice, and we centered our team by focusing on Amos 5:21-24. Verse 24 says, “But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream” (ESV). Justice isn’t just about disciplining the oppressor; it also involves rescuing the oppressed. And no other people group in America is as oppressed as preborn children. We praise the fact that we delivered justice to over 3,000 children and families this year – we reached them, rescued them, and helped restore them through our Continuum of Care program.
Some other wonderful milestones included:
- We continued in our flourishing partnership with the largest African-American denomination in the country, the pro-life Church of God in Christ.
- Your prayers and support enabled the Human Coalition team to grow 40%! We now have over 150 team members and a fabulous army of volunteers.
- We started The Human Element (thehumanelementshow.com), a pro-life apologetic podcast and radio program. We’ve produced 40 episodes so far, and the program continues to grow via podcast, radio, and digital streaming channels.
- We tested our first-ever online training course, HCU.Life. Look for more information on this great apologetics program in 2019!
On behalf of the board, staff, and volunteers of Human Coalition, thank you for your prayers, financial support, and encouragement in 2018! We often say Human Coalition “grows in leaps,” and 2018 was most certainly a leap year. Thank you for leaping with us!
As we look forward to 2019, I’m thrilled that Human Coalition will be celebrating its 10-year anniversary and rescuing more and more children from abortion. Who knows what God has in store?
Again, happy new year – we so appreciate you and how you stand with us!