“Fisher, why are you guys always asking for money?” Whether it’s in an email, in person, at a Human Coalition event, or on the phone, I am asked that question somewhat frequently. Since we are in the middle of an email fundraising campaign, I figured now would be as good a time as any to answer it. This question is oftentimes asked with some measure of annoyance, and I can understand that emotion. We live in a culture where we no longer answer the door because someone may intrude on our family time to ask for money. We barely glance at the overwhelming amount of mail in our mailbox because we can’t afford to support all of the politicians who want a donation. Even email, which only a few years ago was a new and novel way to communicate, has become banal. Our favorite button on the keyboard is delete. So while Human Coalition is deeply focused on its mission (we will rescue over 1,500 children and families from abortion-determined situations this year), provides a host of wonderful resources for a growing pro-life community, provides healing opportunities for those who suffer after an abortion, and celebrates human life whenever and wherever we can, none of this would be possible without the generous giving of tens and, eventually, hundreds of thousands of life-loving people all over the country. While we work to end legalized abortion in America, we regularly ask those who have resources to prayerfully consider donating. Here’s why:
- Human Coalition is an abortion-ending nonprofit ministry with comprehensive solutions. We currently operate six divisions, all of which work in tandem to drive abortion out of key cities. Our marketing outreach team, Contact Center, women’s care clinics and life-affirming pregnancy center relationships, Continuum of Care program, church outreach team, and legal team, work in unity to make abortion unthinkable and unavailable.
- Every service we offer to broken, hurting, and most likely abandoned pregnant women is free. Whether it’s an ultrasound, our new Continuum of Care program (where we provide women and men access to extended, comprehensive care), material support, peer counseling, access to pro-life medical care, or a host of other tangible needs, we never charge a person for anything. It’s our ministry. And we can’t provide any of these services without the generous giving of people who have more than our clients do.
- Human Coalition uses the most advanced Internet and in-house technologies to reach and minister to abortion-determined women. Though we often receive a nonprofit discount when purchasing software, we’re using technology that many Fortune 500 companies haven’t yet adopted. Whether it’s the software that runs our efforts to reach abortion-determined women online, our high-tech in-house Contact Center’s software, the robust programs on which we do data modeling, or the app that allows you to pray for abortion-determined women and men in real time, Human Coalition is committed to using best-in-class tools to give us every advantage to rescue a child from death in the womb.
- It’s not always easy or cheap to reach an abortion-determined woman or man. “Abortion-determined” means a person has already made up their mind to abort, or someone else is coercing them to do so. I talked with one of our Contact Center agents this week. She’d just received a phone call from a woman who was so desperate to abort her preborn baby, she was going to have her 10-year-old child jump on her stomach until she aborted. The abortion-determined community is underserved in America, and it can be costly to reach them. Meanwhile, the abortion industry is paying millions of dollars to try to reach them as well. It’s a very competitive situation.
- Our methods for rescuing children and families from abortion are becoming more and more effective and efficient. This August, we rescued 50% more children than we did during the previous August. We’ve seen a 32% increase in babies saved year to date over last year. And although we work with 34 pro-life pregnancy centers across the country and own and operate five of our own, we’re actually working with FEWER facilities this year than we did last year.
- Human Coalition receives no government funding. We are 100% funded by individuals, churches, and businesses that want to end abortion. We are entirely dependent on the generosity of committed pro-life people to do our work.
- We are expanding. I will share more information about this in a month or so, but Human Coalition is expanding its own network of five women’s care clinics during the fourth quarter of 2016. We plan to close out the year with seven women’s care clinics, and one of them will be located in one of the top 10 abortion-riddled cities in the nation. As the Lord continues to provide the necessary resources, we will continue expanding our reach to rescue more and more babies and families.
- Ending abortion should be at the top of a Christian’s list of priorities. Whether you support Human Coalition or some other pro-life group, and whether you support us through your dollars, by volunteering, or through prayer, anyone who calls them self a follower of Christ needs to be doing something.
- Giving is an act of worship. That’s why I don’t feel bad or guilty about asking people to financially support Human Coalition.
- The pro-life effort is profoundly underfunded. Consider the fact that the country’s largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, has an annual budget of over $1.2 billion, and they killed over 330,000 preborn children last year. The pro-life movement, by contrast, includes at least 4,000 different organizations. (I’m not aware of anyone who has counted them all.) And yet, by anyone’s best estimates, the total amount of giving to ALL pro-life organizations is around $500-700 million. In other words, the country’s largest abortion provider is twice the size of the entire pro-life movement.
Right now, for every $265 gift you give to Human Coalition, you can verifiably help rescue one baby from abortion. And for a gift of $1,060, you can help save four babies!Please give a gift and help Human Coalition save a baby’s life today.