POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
TYPE: Full time
REPORTS TO: Finance Department Head
The Staff Accountant performs general bookkeeping duties and ensure all financial transactions within the company are accounted for and follow legal standards in order to assist Human Coalition achieve its mission of existing to rescue children and serve families across America. Human Coalition is an innovative, energetic, compassion-driven non-profit organization intent on making abortion unthinkable and unavailable.
• Perform general bookkeeping
• Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers
• Maintain and update accounting records and files
• Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g. by assets, liabilities and expenses)
• Create business invoices and request payment for services rendered
• Reconcile bank statements
• Analyze transactions with internal and external stakeholders
• Conduct month-end and year-end closures
• Prepare documents for audits
• Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
• Responsible for both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Passionately aligned with the mission and vision of Human Coalition
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Desire to serve others
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Knowledge and experience with Intacct is a strong plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum (3) years general accounting experience
• None. This role is an individual contributor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Human Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and makes recruitment, employment, promotional, and all other Human Resource decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or marital, disability, or veteran status. Because our primary mission is religious, Human Coalition does lawfully require assent and adherence to our core doctrinal beliefs.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]